Search This Blog

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Misch is feeling grateful (is a corny status update)

Last night was my final Friday Night Face Off Show. Marcelo, Sean, Camilo, Shannon, Mish, Robert, Dana (and me and Steph) played. Serpico came out to MC despite his feeling under the weather. Kevin sat it out in the audience since the cast was already so large. The house was lively and peppered with friends and lovers. Steph and I truly went out in style surrounded by the best of the best and I couldn't have asked for anything more. Afterwards everyone "yes anded" a hike to Bukowski's and so I ended my stay with FNFO with drinks and feasting at that same place on a hot July day I was once welcomed into the fold.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recently I have been taking serious stock of how amazing the people in my life are. Especially people whom I don't expect special favors from, not because I don't know they are wonderful, but just by virtue of how removed our lives seem to be. For example, last week at work Joan gave me five meal tickets for free when I asked to buy one. And she wouldn't take my money. She said "So you can go back to Japan some day." What? I had no idea she cared. Amazing. Twice in the past month someone has driven a ridiculous distance to drive me home. John did it one night when it was snowing and I missed my train, and last week TC offered me a ride home just so I wouldn't have to leave karaoke before my name was called. What? Yes. And neither of them live anywhere near me. Laura stayed up later than she wanted to just to proof read one of my sketches the other night and make it funnier; Jay fixed my refrigerator light because it was driving me crazy; my aunt paid for lunch and called it Christmas, the other day. The list goes on and on.
It makes me happy, it makes me grateful, and it makes me want to be a better person.

No comments: