Search This Blog

Monday, September 28, 2009

Scott and Rachel and The Wedding


This past weekend marked the wedding of two very close friends of mine.

Scott and Rachel started dating during our sophomore year. Scott and I were already fast friends, and through him, Rachel and I quickly became friends as well. I've watched Scott and Rachel grow side by side for years now, and their love inspires me and energizes me in ways I can't explain. Being in their presence it is easy to detect a mix of very palpable respect, tenderness, playfulness and creative energy.


Mr. Braidman, during his toast to the couple mentioned that it's going to be really fun for all of us to watch what their union will produce. Everyone laughed and Steve blushed and said "that's not what I meant."
He's right, though and we can all feel it. Their love will produce so much (and yes, that includes children), and everything it creates will make the world a better
place. I am more sure of that than I am of so many other things.

EDIT: But you don't have to take my word for it, just take a look at the wedding vows Rachel posted today.

No comments: