Search This Blog

Friday, April 16, 2010

very smooth


 The Charge Nurse was holding a nip of Christian Brothers brandy in his hand when I walked into the nursing station.

"I'll take care of disposing of it," Nurse Nightingale joked, pretending to grab at the bottle, "I know exactly what to do with it."

"So do I," joked Nurse Sassy, but I'm not a brandy person myself."

I grabbed the bottle and waved it dramatically. "Let's pour it on the cookies I baked, then we can- "

"Light them on fire?" suggested Sassy.

"Cookies foster," the Charge joked, taking the bottle back.

"We don't even know if it's actually brandy," Nightingale pointed out.

"It looks more like whiskey," Charge said.

"I bet it's Listerine," ventured Sassy.

"Where was it?" I asked.

"In the bathroom on the toilet:" came the answer followed by an agreement that it couldn't be brandy.

"No one would leave a whole nip of Christian Brothers in a bathroom," Nightingale pointed out.

"So Listerine," Sassy said, and then: "You know what?  I'll do it, I'll smell that."

Charge handed her the bottle and we watched, waiting. She unscrewed the tiny cap and brought her nose down to the tip of the bottle and immediately pulled her head back.



"Yeah. It's piss."

1 comment:

April Elizabeth said...

I bet that would be lovely on cookies