Search This Blog

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

I know I've mentioned this song before but I can't help it reposting today.

I first heard this song in 2002 at my very first Ed In the Refrigerators show. Actually, I'm fairly sure that first show I saw them do was the release party for the album It Could Happen to You. 
Annnd... for those of you who don't know this already, I was a senior in high school and the two guys from Ed In The Refrigerators (Joe and Andrew) were.... 10 and 11 years old respectively.

These two middle school kids playing all their own instruments and singing this little love song made me giggle so much that night that I bought the album. And I still love it. This particular tune has a sticky (almost cloying)  melody and laughably straightforward lyrics. (Check out the bridge for both a great example of list-song writing and an impressively aimless knowledge of anatomy).
Above all else, the sentiment is actually rather clever  - but you gotta listen all the way to the end to catch the twist.

So... here it is, for your Valentine's Day delight:  Heart of Blood.

No comments: