Search This Blog

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Endorsements and Plugs Before I Go

I've been promoting BHCHP a lot for all the work they have done to make this trip possible. Now I'd like to take a minute to thank Improv Asylum. As soon as I mentioned going to Haiti I was given time off to leave, and the cast has been super supportive in covering the shows I will be missing (especially Kiley and Jane who have to step up for all the female roles). So ...  thank you everybody!

Also, be sure to check the grand opening of our newly renovated theater in the beginning of March!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tuesday, at my favorite laundromat in the world, Don Zar donated a free load of laundry to the Haiti cause, allowing me to get all my scrubs ready for the trip. The Laundry Room Etc., located on Mass Ave near Porter Square is fabulous. It's more expensive than the laundromat near my apartment, but I haul my stuff to Porter just because Don is so great, his place is so clean, and the environment is so cozy. If you have to use a public laundry room, you should go to his. Check out my Yelp review here.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I won't be able to do it while I'm gone, so please, please remember to vote each day for Boston Healthcare for the Homeless' Dental Clinic to win the Tom's of Maine grant money!! You can vote once a day for up to five different clinics. BHCHP plans to use the money to create a more focused preventative dental program for HIV+ and diabetic patients. Preventing health problems in these patients saves money in the long run. But more importantly, because of the severity of certain complications for diabetics and AIDS patients, it can also save lives.
This means a lot to me, so please go ahead and cast that daily vote!

No comments: