Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Excuses

What else have I been doing?

Hungry Hungry Hipsters, the newest Improv Asylum Mainstage show is up and running. Which means, thankfully, the intense weeks of  multiple- late-night rehearsals are over. Our official Grand Opening Night will be Thursday July 29th, if you want to swing by to toast with us. Otherwise, I really do recommend coming out to see the show at some point this summer, especially if you have never come down, or haven't in a while. 

You probably didn't know I was hunting for a new roommate, but I was. David has moved out, which means no more day trips to Ikea.* Joining us in August is Tucker, who I already made sit and watch all of the 1972 movie Cabaret with me and Laura Clark one night when he had just come over to drop off his security check. Afterwards he said he was impressed with the movie's structure and cinematography. And we talked about 1920s Berlin culture. That's how I know this is going to be a devastatingly wonderful match.

In my spare time, instead of writing I have to admit to you I have been spending a lot of time on my back porch or down by the Charles River, reading. Just finished Malcolm Gladwell's The Tipping Point. Since that marks the 3rd or 4th nonfiction book I have read in a row I've started in on Lamb by Christopher Moore  to shake things up a bit. 

Annnd of course, I am still working 36 + hours a week as a nurse during the daytime and loving every minute of it. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* If this blog weren't so classy I'd put in a sad -face emoticon here, not to let you know I am sad, but in order to acknowledge that the sentence itself is ridiculous.

No comments: