Search This Blog

Friday, February 18, 2011

Allergies

This is via Nurse Sassy Lionheart, who has now made an appearance on the blog three days in a row,* talking about a patient at her other job:

NSL: It says here you have an allergy to morphine. What kind of reaction have you had in the past?
Walk-In Patient: Well, last time I was in the hospital they gave me morphine and I felt really funny.
NSL: Well that's -
WIP:  (completely in earnest) But right after I took it I also smoked a bag of angel dust.
NSL: Excuse me? You smoked a bag of angel dust in the hospital?
WIP: My friends brought it to me, with some booze. But I was on a PCA pump too. So I don't know if it was a true allergy to morphine or not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
* Really, she should just start her own blog at this point.

No comments: