Search This Blog

Saturday, March 12, 2011

House Guest

In the morning on Friday I lay in bed checking my email until I heard Liz bustling about in my living room. When I opened the door she greeted me with wet hair, clean clothes and a cry of "You're alive! And your hair is..."

My hair was standing on end from the night before. I grunted at her and she replied, "you're out of toilet paper, you know."

I laughed and pointed to a roll I had been keeping in my room. "Secret toilet paper."

She laughed and said, "I should have known. I woke up this morning and went to use your bathroom but I noticed you didn't have any toilet paper. I looked around, figuring you had some in the bathroom and found NOTHING.

"Then I looked for paper towels. None. Napkins? None. Coffee filters?"

"I have coffee filters."

"I couldn't find them. I went through your kitchen, bathroom and pantry wondering where you might have hidden  toilet paper, or an appropriate substitute. Nothing.

"And then I thought - well time to take a shower!"

No comments: