Search This Blog

Monday, July 12, 2010

Havin a Summah Playlist

 Recently, local comedian Kevin Harrington told me I needed to watch this clip on Funny or Die because of the Jaws reference in it. Now he frequently asks me if I've bought my summah gum.

Well, I don't have summer gum. Why? Because I hate gum.
 I know it's summer because my go-to ipod playlist changes. *

I recently added Mirando a las Muchachas by Mexican Institute of Sound,  I Am Not a Robot by Marina and The Diamonds, and He Lives in You, from The Lion King London cast recording.
Like everyone else, I find new favorites every season that will forever and ever remind me of what I was doing this summer, who I was doing it with, and where we all were.

 But some songs will ALWAYS be on the playlist, no matter what else changes.

My Summer Playlist Standards

Lazy Bones, Soul Coughing
Lido, Boz Scraggs
Into the Mystic, Van Morrison
Corazone Espinado, Carlos Santana
Could You Be Loved, Bob Marley
Suzanne, Leonard Cohen
Real Love, Mike Doughty
Don't Go (Giving Your Love Away) , Sonia Dada
Hush, Afroman
Treetop Flyer, Stephen Stills
Jungle Drum, Emiliana Torrini
Surf's Up, Brian Wilson
Everybody I Love You, CSN&Y


BONUS: Summer Night Playlists should  include the following:
Milky Way Tonight, Crosby and Nash
Summer in the City, Regina Spektor


Any recommendations for a must-adds this summer?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* And because I switch to my summer lip gloss, duh. (Blistex Fruit Smoothies (variety pack) spf 15 $2.99 at CVS)

No comments: